Monday, September 27, 2010

DOMESDAY


This project was issued last Friday and I cant update to my blog as the internet is being blocked for the weekend. However, I went to the rumpun buluh site to cut off to the particular length as was given by each section. I just need to cut 1 pieces of bamboo struts and the length is 2.5 meter with the 3 inches or 7.5 cm diameter. But, the actual diameter need to be cut is 7.0 cm to fit into the pipe for joint. After half an hour, I found the strut and started to cutting it into 2.5 meter. Here are some pictures of the day.

The bamboo which is already cut into pieces and need to cut into particular length within each group.













searching the accurate diameter of strut within 7.5cm. But, its actually 7.0 cm to fit in the pipe for the joints.












the correct size of strut was found and started
to cut it off.


















I used the wooden saw first but it takes time just to cut
one end of the strut and it is so tired as we have more struts
to be cut.

Then, I borrowed the pipe saw I think from the girls and it is very quick and I just take 2 minutes at least to cut the struts.













At last I finished cut my strut and the day was so bright as well as hot.


















MONDAY

On the Monday morning, I checked out at the website and it stated that we need to bring the struts for the studio that morning and the blog was update at 5 am in the morning. All of us got up from bed and quickly went to take the struts. Its so far and luckily one bus accepted us to sent us to the Dewan Budaya stop. Its okay as long as the walk is shorten. As I get into the lecture hall, En. Wan had finished explain on hoe to make the joint. However, after I carried the strut to the lab, I ask my friend for the joint and unfortunately the pipe was finished and I have to wait for the next morning.

I continued to make my strut fit into the pipe with the diameter of 7.0 cm. This is the way I do it.


the strut is hard and I need to used the parang and hammer.













the length is 11.8 cm of the strut must be fitted into the pipe of the diameter of 7.0 cm











TUESDAY

I decided to finish the work on that morning as i've been told that the polypipe was finished. I had finished all my work with the strut but I only stuck with the pipe.



the pipe is cut into 2 pieces as
i only need to fit to 1 strut










after the cutting process, i cut the edge
so the nut can be placed for the connection.
i heated the pipe so the curve part become
flat for the bolt and nut












i make a hole for the nut and bolt be placed
for the joint of the strut












the last is the flat part is been shape to be half
round shape and it is the same for the other pieces
of the pipe









the finished strut after the pipe is fit into both sides.






No comments:

Post a Comment